If you are planning to visit any part of Italy, then you are probably aware it may be difficult to communicate with the locals or get around if you don’t speak the official language of the country – Italian.
Catch up some few popularly used Italian Phrases before your arrival in Italy:
- Hello/Bye –> Ciao!
- What’s your name? –> Come si chiama?
- How are you? –> Come va?
- Fine –> Bene
- Do you speak English? –> Parla inglese?
- Thank you very much –> Grazie mille.
- You’re welcome –> Prego.
- Please –> Per favore.
- Yes –> Sì.
- No –> No.
- Excuse me –> Mi scusi.
- I’m sorry –> Mi dispiace.
- I don’t understand –> Non capisco.
- I don’t speak Italian –> Non parlo Italiano.
- I don’t speak Italian very well –> Non parlo molto bene Italiano.
- Speak slowly, please –> Parli piano, per favore.
- Repeat, please –> Ripeta, per favore.
- Where is the subway? –> Dov’è la metropolitana?
- Is the tip included? –> Il servizio è incluso?
- How much does that cost? (sg./pl.) –> Quanto costa/costano?
- Is there a public phone here? –> C’è un telefono pubblico vicino?
- Can I get on the internet? –> Posso collegarmi con internet?
- Can you help me? –> Mi può aiutare?
- Where is the bathroom? –> Dov’è la toilette/bagno?
- See you later –> A dopo
You can also download the .pdf version of these simple phrases: Basic Italian Phrases
Buon viaggio! Arrivederci!
Safe Trip! See you soon!